BRAVO is the partnering of Velocity Architecture & Engineering Group, Bradford Construction Corp. of New York (WBE), Chu Engineering (MBE), and Shahrish Shuvo Engineering (MBE). The cooperative brings together some of the industry’s most distinguished leaders and technical experts, united by their decades of experience modernizing vital infrastructure and iconic facilities throughout the New York metropolitan area. BRAVO delivers value to its clients by offering the full-breadth of architectural, engineering, and construction management services through an efficient organization that is structured to promote attentive client service, responsive project delivery, and quality. Through our offices in New York City and Newark, NJ, BRAVO’s team of companies serve public and private clients covering a wide-range of markets, including education, government, transportation, healthcare, industrial, power, and water.
At BRAVO, you will find a wealth of opportunities to create the career you’ve always imagined. We support, encourage, and empower our people by providing an environment where everyone has an opportunity to succeed. BRAVO brings amazing people together to make amazing things happen. We’re a diverse collective of thinkers and doers, committed to remaining client-focused, agile, responsive, and accountable to our valued clients and the communities we serve.
BRAVO offers excellent benefits including:
- ACCIDENT INSURANCE
- COMMUTER BENEFITS
- COMPETITIVE SALARY
- EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
- LIFE INSURANCE
- MEDICAL, DENTAL AND VISION INSURANCE
- REIMBURSEMENT OF PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND LICENSES
- SHORT TERM DISABILITY
LOCATION: 42 W 39th Street, 7th and 10th Floor, New York, NY 10018
Job Type: Full Time
Job Description: Bravo Group is seeking an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer to work on a wide variety of projects in the Commercial Buildings and Education sectors.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Guide, coordinate, and oversee the engineering production activities for the mechanical engineering department
- Make sound decisions and recommendations based good engineering practice
- Initiates and maintains contact with senior-level management within the company and is skilled in dispute resolution and negotiation of critical issues. At this level, the individual will have demonstrated understanding of project delivery requirements, creativity, foresight, working with a multi-disciplinary team to meet project goals and deliver high quality technical excellence.
- Demonstrate experienced judgment in anticipating and solving both routine and unusual operational challenges, identifying operational objectives and requirements, coordinating programs and projects, and developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities.
- Perform a variety of management and leadership responsibilities associated with the Mechanical Engineering Department
- Candidate will be fully responsible for interpreting, coordinating, and implementing technical assignments
- Capable of communicating effectively with other departments within the organization and with clients.
- Capable of working independently on technical matters pertaining to the field
- Ability to work with minimal supervision. Supervision received is largely administrative in nature with assignments given in terms of broad general objectives and limits
- Assist in business development activities
- Manage projects complex projects that are primarily in the mechanical discipline
- Aid in the preparation of proposals in concert with other manager and the office’s senior leadership.
- Responsible for overseeing and preparing technical reports for both internal and external purposes based on findings
- Work collaboratively with other managers and employees to achieve the firm’s goals
- Coordinate the department to ensure all deliverables meet the overall project team requirements for project scope, schedule, and budget.
- Stay current on the latest codes and technologies associated with the mechanical discipline
- Oversee the department to ensure compliance with standards, established design practices, applicable codes, and achieving technical excellency.
- Skilled in coordinating a team working within a BIM design environment
- Review the department’s work product to ensure a high level of quality and identify if/when training is required
- Aid in growing novice engineers both professionally and technically.
- 7-12 years of mechanical engineering experience within a consulting or design-build firm
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration in New York
- Experience managing a Mechanical Engineering Department is strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Revit and AutoCAD based design projects
- Creative thinker with effective teamwork skills
- Competent in all conventional aspects of mechanical engineering and conducts work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation and modification of standard mechanical engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria
- Presentation experience with clients
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field plus 7-12 years of related experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.