BRAVO Group currently has an exceptional opportunity for an experienced New York licensed Professional Mechanical Engineer. The position requires a minimum of 7-10 years' experience in Mechanical systems design with a strong focus in low pressure steam boiler plant design. The candidate will work full time with the NYC School Construction Authority's in-house A&E Design Studio out of their headquarters office in Long Island City office. This individual will be responsible for leading a team of engineers and architects in the assessment of existing schools and their various mechanical systems.
The candidate must be able to prepare reports describing the existing conditions along with proposed recommendations, the engineer must be capable of performing HVAC load calculations to support their various recommendations, execute detailed designs, and prepare project specific specifications. The candidate will work with and mentor a junior engineer on each of their assigned projects.
BRAVO Group is the partnering of Velocity Architecture & Engineering Group, DPC, Chu & Gassman Consulting Engineers PC (MBE), and Bradford Construction Corp. of NY (WBE). The cooperative brings together some of the industry’s most distinguished leaders and technical experts, united by their decades of experience modernizing vital infrastructure and iconic facilities throughout the New York metropolitan area. BRAVO delivers value to our clients by offering the full breadth of architectural, engineering, and construction management services through an efficient organization that is structured to promote attentive client service, responsive project delivery, and quality. Through our offices in New York City and Newark, NJ, BRAVO’s family of companies serve public and private clients covering a wide range of markets, including education, government, transportation, real estate, healthcare, industrial, power, and water.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited program
- Minimum of (7) years' experience working in a consulting engineering firm for various projects, with a strong background in the educational sector
- Experience designing NYC SCA projects (preferred)
- Strong knowledge of low pressure steam boiler systems (required)
- Strong knowledge of the various New York City codes
- Able to think critically and assess each project independently with only high level guidance from management.
- Able to mentor and provide on the job training to young up and coming engineers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of New York (Required)
- LEED accreditation (preferred)
- Latest AutoCAD experience required, with REVIT experience a plus
- Project management experience (preferred)
- Capable of using standard Microsoft Office software such as Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.