BRAVO Group currently has an opportunity for an experienced Superintendent.
- Experience in Pre-construction Phase. Consult and meet with Client, Architect/Engineer with the work and the drawings and specifications for projects assigned.
- Experience in scheduling. Mentor and assist contractors to prepare master procurement and construction schedule.
- Architect/Design Interface. Value Engineering Analysis – QC/QA Meetings. Review drawings and specifications and assure the activities of the contractors are coordinated.
- Assist in monitoring, mentoring, and enforcing M/W/LBE contractor compliance throughout each project.
- Assist and mentor contractors in Construction Phase of projects. Including trade payment breakdown, payment requisitions, certified payrolls, incorporate required computer program processes for logging in RFI’s, shop drawings, permitting, construction schedules, ordering of materials, maintaining safe work site, “Tool box talks”, progress meetings, develop construction estimates for change orders, and closeout documentation.
- Understand compliance with Labor Law.
- Assure contractors and subcontractors are familiar with and comply with the contract documents.
- Able to identify and make arrangements for construction inspections and tests as required by the contract documents, building codes, specifications and standards of client.
- Conduct daily inspections of work performed by contractors and subcontractors to assure the work complies with the contract documents. Advice if any deficiencies.
- Make decisions and take action in a timely manner to expedite the timely completion of construction projects.
- Correct mistakes and errors in design and construction before they can be extensively incorporated into the project or as early in the construction process as possible.
- Responsibilities are varied and include coordinative problem solving and managerial functions of these projects.
- Make decisions on phasing and scheduling and ensure preparation of schedules for construction.
- Monitor schedules and take appropriate actions to ensure that project is completed on schedule and within approved cost limitations.
- Provide ongoing interface with contractors, construction managers, local school personnel and Senior Superintendent on project issues.
- Participate in the development and implementation of project procedures and policies.
- Provide guidance and advice to project team.
- Resolve issues and problems listed in field reports made by architects and construction management.
- Work with architect/engineers regarding change orders, interpretation of contract documents, shop drawing submittals/approvals and other technical matters as required, to ensure structurally sound, code compliant and aesthetic facility.
- Issue field memoranda or directives to contractors to enforce contract compliance.
- Advise senior management regarding the necessity for the assessment of liquidated damages and other contractual enforcement mechanisms, including default.
- Use independent judgment to make on-site change order decisions and negotiate with contractors.
- Review contractors claims or disputed work and advise senior management as to appropriate action.
- Compile contract and project documentation necessary for adjudicating or denying claims.
- Position requires second shift work.
- Visit various job sites as required in the performance of the above.
- Perform other related tasks.
- Bachelors' degree in Engineering/Architecture and/or Construction related field.
- Public agencies experience is preferred.
- Minimum 8 years work experience as a technical specialist in one or more construction and design related fields.
- Have experience in new and renovation type construction.
- Valid New York or New Jersey State driver’s license.