Bradford Construction Corp., a company of BRAVO Group currently has an immediate opening for a Street and Utility Inspector in support of a significant construction project in NYC.
Inspectors performing inspection services report to a Resident Engineer or another site management individual. This position monitors and observes contractor’s daily activities and documents all activities observed as designated by the Resident Engineer. This role assures that the scope of work is followed as per the client’s contract documents and approved contractor provided drawings and documents.
- Must have a full understanding of all utilities; support of excavation; piles and drill shafts; dewatering; concrete; reinforcing steel; structural steel; earthwork; architectural finishes and plant operations.
- The capability to read contract documents and drawings.
- Coordinate contractors work forces.
- Maintain safety on site.
- Prepare daily inspection reports and coordinate with resident engineer, and owners’ requirements.
- Prepare written contract administration documentation on a daily basis and completed in a timely manner including, Daily Inspector Reports (IDR), Non-Conformance Reports (NCR), daily Time and Material Reports (T&M), special reports as directed and other reports as directed and in conformance by the Resident Engineer.
- Continually monitor and observe contractor’s operations and activities as designated and documenting such as prescribed by the Resident Engineer.
- Advise the Resident Engineer of any potential issues before they arise.
- Participate in problem solving.
- Attend meetings as requested.
- Review contractor payment requests and verify quantities as requested.
- Ability to work nights/or weekend shift work as well as report early or stay late after normal work hours as needed.
- Knowledge of the related codes, standards, and regulations.
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral.
Perform other related tasks.
- Bachelors' degree in Engineering/Architecture and/or Construction related field (Preferred)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience