We currently have an exceptional opportunity for an experienced licensed Mechanical/HVAC Engineer. The position requires a minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in Mechanical systems design including low pressure steam boiler and climate control replacement. Candidate will be assigned to work full time with the NYC School Construction Authority's in-house A&E Design Studio. The candidate will be responsible for leading a team of engineers and architects in the assessment of existing schools and their mechanical systems. The candidate must be able to prepare reports describing existing conditions along with proposed recommendations, perform HVAC calculations to support all recommendations, execute detailed designs, and prepare project specifications. The candidate will work with and mentor a junior engineer for each project.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of (7) years’ experience working in a consulting engineering firm for various projects, with a strong background in the educational sector.
- Experience designing NYC SCA projects (preferred)
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of New York (Required)
- LEED accreditation (preferred)
- Experience in the replacement of low pressure steam boilers and their associated systems/equipment (Required)
- Latest AutoCAD experience required, with REVIT experience a plus
- Project management experience (preferred)
- Candidate must be proficient in using Word, Excel, and Outlook.