BRAVO is the partnering of Velocity Architecture & Engineering Group, Bradford Construction Corp. of New York (WBE), Chu Engineering (MBE), and Shahrish Shuvo Engineering (MBE). The cooperative brings together some of the industry’s most distinguished leaders and technical experts, united by their decades of experience modernizing vital infrastructure and iconic facilities throughout the New York metropolitan area. BRAVO delivers value to its clients by offering the full-breadth of architectural, engineering, and construction management services through an efficient organization that is structured to promote attentive client service, responsive project delivery, and quality. Through our offices in New York City and Newark, NJ, BRAVO’s team of companies serve public and private clients covering a wide-range of markets, including education, government, transportation, healthcare, industrial, power, and water.
At BRAVO, you will find a wealth of opportunities to create the career you’ve always imagined. We support, encourage, and empower our people by providing an environment where everyone has an opportunity to succeed. BRAVO brings amazing people together to make amazing things happen. We’re a diverse collective of thinkers and doers, committed to remaining client-focused, agile, responsive, and accountable to our valued clients and the communities we serve.
BRAVO offers excellent benefits including:
- ACCIDENT INSURANCE
- COMMUTER BENEFITS
- COMPETITIVE SALARY
- EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
- LIFE INSURANCE
- MEDICAL, DENTAL AND VISION INSURANCE
- REIMBURSEMENT OF PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND LICENSES
- SHORT TERM DISABILITY
LOCATION: 42 W 39th Street, 7th and 10th Floor, New York, NY 10018
Job Type: Full Time Onsite
Job Title: Senior Electrical Engineer
Job Description: BRAVO Group currently has an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Senior Electrical Engineer. The ideal candidate for this position would have a minimum of 7-10 years' experience in electrical and fire alarm system design in vertical buildings with a strong focus in the educational sector. This person would work collaboratively with our existing closely knit team of dedicated/hard working engineers and architects out of our Manhattan office.
Roles & Responsibilities:
This individual will be responsible for some or all of the following on a typical project; assessing the existing condition, preparing a scope report to record their findings and technical recommendations, preparing detailed calculations to validate their recommendations, develop detailed construction documents, and the preparation of project specific specifications for various types of projects. The candidate will need to be a team player and able to work with/mentor our junior engineers.
- Minimum of 7-10 years' experience working in a consulting engineering firm for various projects, with a strong background in the educational sector
- Experience designing NYC SCA projects (preferred)
- Strong knowledge of the various New York City codes and SCA design guidelines and procedures
- Able to think critically and assess each project independently with only high-level guidance from management
- Able to mentor and provide on the job training to young up and coming engineers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of New York (Required)
- LEED accreditation (preferred)
- Latest AutoCAD experience required, with REVIT experience a plus
- Project management experience (preferred)
- Capable of using standard Microsoft Office software such as Outlook, Word, Excel, etc
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited program
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.