BRAVO is the partnering of Velocity Architecture & Engineering Group, Bradford Construction Corp. of New York (WBE), Chu Engineering (MBE), and Shahrish Shuvo Engineering (MBE). The cooperative brings together some of the industry’s most distinguished leaders and technical experts, united by their decades of experience modernizing vital infrastructure and iconic facilities throughout the New York metropolitan area. BRAVO delivers value to its clients by offering the full-breadth of architectural, engineering, and construction management services through an efficient organization that is structured to promote attentive client service, responsive project delivery, and quality. Through our offices in New York City and Newark, NJ, BRAVO’s team of companies serve public and private clients covering a wide-range of markets, including education, government, transportation, healthcare, industrial, power, and water.
At BRAVO, you will find a wealth of opportunities to create the career you’ve always imagined. We support, encourage, and empower our people by providing an environment where everyone has an opportunity to succeed. BRAVO brings amazing people together to make amazing things happen. We’re a diverse collective of thinkers and doers, committed to remaining client-focused, agile, responsive, and accountable to our valued clients and the communities we serve.
BRAVO offers excellent benefits including:
- ACCIDENT INSURANCE
- COMMUTER BENEFITS
- COMPETITIVE SALARY
- EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
- LIFE INSURANCE
- MEDICAL, DENTAL AND VISION INSURANCE
- REIMBURSEMENT OF PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND LICENSES
- SHORT TERM DISABILITY
LOCATION: 42 W 39th Street New York NY 10018
Job Type: Full Time In Office (Monday thru Friday)
Job Title: Senior Design Project Manager
Job Description: Bravo group is seeking a Design Project Manager to assist the Executive Managers in leading the project team. The Project Manager will be responsible for setting goals, developing project implementation strategies, policies, & procedures to guide the project/program and mentor team members. The PM shall manage staff, recruit new staff, manage program financials and schedules.
- Develop standards, protocols, policies, and procedures to facilitate project success.
- Build a collaborative work environment.
- Provides guidance, direction, and instruction to less experienced team members and colleagues
- The Project Manager will lead cross functional projects/programs and initiatives with demanding resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity.
- Negotiate program scope changes, staffing assignments, and fees on our behalf.
- Develop program organizational structures and implementation strategies.
- Define program resource requirements.
- Manage the client relationship & communication.
- Monitor design activities to ensure that all phases of work are done in accordance with contractual agreements and corporate quality standards.
- Define & assign project responsibilities to the Project/Program Team.
- Develop policies and procedures to foster the growth of a high performing team.
- Evaluate program financials, cash flow analyses, and cost estimates, as well as purchase orders, change orders, and invoices and implement actions to facilitate program compliance and the successful delivery of the program.
- Work with the team to forecast, identify and addresses areas of potential liabilities and risks.
- Work with the team to develop, monitor, and maintain project schedules. Ensures that project objectives are met.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to maintain client, consultant, contractor, and vendor relationships. Work with the team to manage conflict resolution.
- Communicates complex ideas, anticipates potential concerns, and persuades others, which may include executive leadership, to adopt positions to facilitate the successful conclusion of the project.
- Minimum of 10 years of public agency type project management experience. NYC School Construction Authority (SCA), PANYNJ, and NYCT design project management experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in managing small to large scale complex projects.
- Demonstrated experience & knowledge in project management techniques, concepts, principles, and standards. Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate at all levels internally and externally to establish credibility on project teams.
- Knowledge and ability to creatively resolve issues as they arise.
- Knowledge and ability to supervise people including recruitment, training, performance management, and people development.
- High proficiency with general Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated experience with project management software and applications.
- Ability to forecast project challenges and motivate team to develop solutions to maintain compliance with safety protocols, quality, schedule and budget.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in architecture or engineering.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status