BRAVO is the partnering of Velocity Architecture & Engineering Group, Bradford Construction Corp. of New York (WBE), Chu Engineering (MBE), and Shahrish Shuvo Engineering (MBE). The cooperative brings together some of the industry’s most distinguished leaders and technical experts, united by their decades of experience modernizing vital infrastructure and iconic facilities throughout the New York metropolitan area. BRAVO delivers value to its clients by offering the full-breadth of architectural, engineering, and construction management services through an efficient organization that is structured to promote attentive client service, responsive project delivery, and quality. Through our offices in New York City and Newark, NJ, BRAVO’s team of companies serve public and private clients covering a wide-range of markets, including education, government, transportation, healthcare, industrial, power, and water.
At BRAVO, you will find a wealth of opportunities to create the career you’ve always imagined. We support, encourage, and empower our people by providing an environment where everyone has an opportunity to succeed. BRAVO brings amazing people together to make amazing things happen. We’re a diverse collective of thinkers and doers, committed to remaining client-focused, agile, responsive, and accountable to our valued clients and the communities we serve.
BRAVO offers excellent benefits including:
- ACCIDENT INSURANCE
- COMMUTER BENEFITS
- COMPETITIVE SALARY
- EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
- LIFE INSURANCE
- MEDICAL, DENTAL AND VISION INSURANCE
- REIMBURSEMENT OF PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND LICENSES
- SHORT TERM DISABILITY
LOCATION: 42 W 39th Street, 7th and 10th Floor, New York, NY 10018
Job Type: Full Time Onsite Monday-Friday (8:30AM-5:15PM)
Job Description: BRAVO Group is actively seeking a Construction Cost Estimator Specialist for our New York office location. The ideal candidate for this position should have experience estimating construction costs for public and private projects in the NYC market, be thorough and pay attention to detail, and be able to work well with others in an office setting while coordinating with team members to complete tasks on a deadline.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Review of design reports and design plans to gain a thorough understanding of the project
- Preparing quantity take-offs of material based on the design documents.
- Preparing cost estimates based on material, labor, and time requirements.
- Using bid data to prepare detailed a cost analysis
- Presenting prepared estimates to management and other stakeholders
- Compiling and recording actual costs
- Process and maintain document control files and logs in accordance with project specific document procedures.
- Assist Project Managers with all matters related to construction cost estimating.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience as an estimator with a CM, construction organization, or architectural/engineering firm.
- Strong analytic abilities
- Have knowledge of applicable computer software systems:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Cost estimating software
- Skilled on the use of national and regional construction cost databases, and how to adapt the data to the project-specific requirements.
- Understanding of construction documents, and the ability to read and interpret blueprints
- An understanding of the construction process and coordination in the industry.
- Must be able to produce accurate and timely results.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
Education: A technical degree from an accredited college
Salary Range: $80,000-$90,000
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.