BRAVO Group currently has an opportunity for an experienced Project Officer.
• Provide the administration and coordination of activities for the design and construction of complex and highly visible construction and modernization projects under the guidance of a Senior level Project Officer.
• Ensure the quality and high standards of performance and compliance in both design and construction by all consultants, vendors.
• Make decisions and take action in a timely manner to expedite the timely completion of construction projects.
• Correct mistakes and errors in design and construction before they can be extensively incorporated into the project or as early in the construction process as possible.
• Responsibilities are varied and include coordinative problem solving and managerial functions of these projects.
• Make decisions on phasing and scheduling and ensure preparation of schedules for planning, design, and construction.
• Monitor schedules and take appropriate actions to ensure that projects are completed on schedule and within approved cost limitations.
• Provide ongoing interface with contractors, construction managers, local school personnel and Senior Project Officers on project issues.
• Participate in the development and implementation of project procedures and policies.
• Provide guidance and advice to project team.
• Resolve issues and problems listed in field reports made by architects and construction management.
• Work with architect/engineers regarding change orders, interpretation of contract documents, shop drawing submittals/approvals and other technical matters as required, to ensure structurally sound, code compliant and aesthetic facility.
• Issue field memoranda or directives to contractors to enforce contract compliance
• Advise senior management regarding the necessity for the assessment of liquidated damages and other contractual enforcement mechanisms, including default.
• Use independent judgment to make on-site change order decisions and negotiate with contractors
• Review contractors claims or disputed work and advise senior management as to appropriate action.
• Compile contract and project documentation necessary for adjudicating or denying claims.
• Position requires swing (second) shift work
• Visit various job sites as required in the performance of the above.
Perform other related tasks.
• Bachelors' degree or equivalent experience
• Must have SCA on site CM experience
• Minimum 5 years work experience in one or more construction and design related fields
• Minimum 2 years’ experience managing all phases of construction work valued at
$5 Million +
• Valid New York or New Jersey State driver’s license
Salary range: $90K -$120K annual salary, depending on qualifications