BRAVO Group currently has an opportunity for an experienced Project Officer.
BRAVO Group is the partnering of Velocity Architecture & Engineering Group, DPC, Chu & Gassman Consulting Engineers PC (MBE), and Bradford Construction Corp. of NY (WBE). The cooperative brings together some of the industry’s most distinguished leaders and technical experts, united by their decades of experience modernizing vital infrastructure and iconic facilities throughout the New York metropolitan area. BRAVO delivers value to our clients by offering the full breadth of architectural, engineering, and construction management services through an efficient organization that is structured to promote attentive client service, responsive project delivery, and quality. Through our offices in New York City and Newark, NJ, BRAVO’s family of companies serve public and private clients covering a wide range of markets, including education, government, transportation, real estate, healthcare, industrial, power, and water.
- Provide the administration and coordination of activities for the design and construction of complex and highly visible construction and modernization projects under the guidance of a Senior level Project Officer.
- Ensure the quality and high standards of performance and compliance in both design and construction by all consultants, vendors.
- Make decisions and take action in a timely manner to expedite the timely completion of construction projects.
- Correct mistakes and errors in design and construction before they can be extensively incorporated into the project or as early in the construction process as possible.
- Responsibilities are varied and include coordinative problem solving and managerial functions of these projects.
- Make decisions on phasing and scheduling and ensure preparation of schedules for planning, design and construction.
- Monitor schedules and take appropriate actions to ensure that project is completed on schedule and within approved cost limitations.
- Provide ongoing interface with contractors, construction managers, local school personnel and Senior Project Officers on project issues.
- Participate in the development and implementation of project procedures and policies.
- Provide guidance and advice to project team.
- Resolve issues and problems listed in field reports made by architects and construction management.
- Work with architect/engineers regarding change orders, interpretation of contract documents, shop drawing submittals/approvals and other technical matters as required, to ensure structurally sound, code compliant and aesthetic facility.
- Issue field memoranda or directives to contractors to enforce contract compliance
- Advise senior management regarding the necessity for the assessment of liquidated damages and other contractual enforcement mechanisms, including default.
- Use independent judgment to make on-site change order decisions and negotiate with contractors
- Review contractors claims or disputed work and advise senior management as to appropriate action.
- Compile contract and project documentation necessary for adjudicating or denying claims.
- Visit various job sites as required in the performance of the above.