Velocity Architectural Services is actively seeking a motivated Senior Project Accountant for employment in our New York City office. The candidate should have the ability to follow direction and work under the supervision of our Finance Manager, be focused, detailed, impactful and be decisive and follow through.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, those listed below:
- Review invoices for accuracy per contract.
- Compile timesheets from staff and subs for invoice preparation.
- Review mileage reports and ODC's per Contract.
- Compile and submit invoices to array of clients.
- Maintain project tracking: AR, billed to date and contract balances.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, Associates degree preferred.
- 3+ years' experience or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, skills, knowledge, abilities and experience.
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, micros, formulating equations within multiple tabs and worksheets, etc.).
- Basic understanding of accounting practices and principles.
- Basic understanding of invoicing practices and principles.
- Fluency in the English language.
- Previous experience with accounting and invoicing at an architecture, engineering, or construction firms.
- Experience in BST software is a plus.