Bradford Construction Corp., a company of BRAVO Group currently has an immediate opening for a Mechanical Inspector in support of a significant construction project in NYC.
Inspectors performing inspection services report to a Resident Engineer or another site management individual. This position monitors and observes contractor’s daily activities and documents all activities observed as designated by the Resident Engineer. This role assures that the scope of work is followed as per the client’s contract documents and approved contractor provided drawings and documents.
- Need a full understanding of mechanical utilities; mechanical equipment specifications and installation; mechanical removals; lock out and tag out procedures; piping, pie hangers, and valves; testing and commissioning; and plant operations.
- Maintain safety on site.
- Prepare inspection daily reports and coordinate with Resident Engineer, and owner’s requirements.
- Supervising Mechanical work: monitoring and documenting contractor's timely and accurate execution of work, including their compliance with project Baseline Schedule.
- Managing and coordinating inspection staff, contractor's trades from inception to close-out on large and complex projects.
- Reviewing contractor work in place to ensure compliance with plans and specifications.
- Coordinating Special Inspections, daily progress inspections, mechanical testing services.
- Updating Testing Logs as needed.
- Assessing the progress of work and reviewing contractor's monthly payment requisitions.
- Reviewing Mechanical drawings and specifications for constructability, code compliance, and value engineering.
- Performing other duties as may be required.
Perform other related tasks.
- Bachelors' degree in Engineering/Architecture and/or Construction related field (Preferred)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience