Velocity Architecture & Engineering DPC, - a company of BRAVO Group currently has an immediate opening in our NYC office for a senior licensed Mechanical/HVAC Engineer for all phases of design including Scoping, Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents, and a strong background in Construction Administration. Ideally experienced in design/construction for various types of buildings including educational, institutional, commercial, industrial, government (Federal, State and Local), as well as design and production of multi-discipline projects. The candidate should have the ability to be a role model, be client-focused, be impactful and be decisive.
Imagine working on rewarding projects and having access to exceptional training and career development opportunities. Working at Velocity means being part of a focused local team, working with award-winning professionals that have built some of the best projects in NYC. Aspire to be a key player on some of the best projects locally, with opportunities to work on projects that enhance NYC. Our people bring deep industry knowledge to help you succeed.
The position requires a minimum of 10 years of experience in Mechanical systems design. Candidate will represent the Firm in interactions with clients, contractors, architects, and other project team members. Candidate will also lead mechanical design for projects, prepare reports and specifications.
- Bachelors' degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Preferred project experience includes K-12 schools, higher-education projects, and design of large-scale public projects (transit stations, convention center, and similar)
- Hands on experience using Auto CADD, Revit/BIM, MicroStation and other 3D applications
- Capable of using standard Microsoft Office software such as Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
- NYS Licensed Engineer
- LEED accreditation / Knowledge of sustainable design practices a plus
- Project Management experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with NYC Building Codes and other regulatory requirements