BRAVO is the partnering of Velocity Architecture & Engineering Group, Bradford Construction Corp. of New York (WBE), Chu Engineering (MBE), and Shahrish Shuvo Engineering (MBE). The cooperative brings together some of the industry’s most distinguished leaders and technical experts, united by their decades of experience modernizing vital infrastructure and iconic facilities throughout the New York metropolitan area. BRAVO delivers value to its clients by offering the full-breadth of architectural, engineering, and construction management services through an efficient organization that is structured to promote attentive client service, responsive project delivery, and quality. Through our offices in New York City and Newark, NJ, BRAVO’s team of companies serve public and private clients covering a wide-range of markets, including education, government, transportation, healthcare, industrial, power, and water.
At BRAVO, you will find a wealth of opportunities to create the career you’ve always imagined. We support, encourage, and empower our people by providing an environment where everyone has an opportunity to succeed. BRAVO brings amazing people together to make amazing things happen. We’re a diverse collective of thinkers and doers, committed to remaining client-focused, agile, responsive, and accountable to our valued clients and the communities we serve.
BRAVO offers excellent benefits including:
- ACCIDENT INSURANCE
- COMMUTER BENEFITS
- COMPETITIVE SALARY
- EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
- LIFE INSURANCE
- MEDICAL, DENTAL AND VISION INSURANCE
- REIMBURSEMENT OF PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND LICENSES
- SHORT TERM DISABILITY
Job Location: NYC Metro Area
Job Type: Full Time in the filed office
Job Title: General Estimator
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Advise and assist in recognizing risk on project bids. Review final pricing methodology.
- Review actual costs from all sub-contractors for accuracy.
- Develop and maintain relationships with company vendors and contractors.
- Must understand how to develop and review cost estimates.
- The candidate must have knowledge of all construction disciplines, construction methods and productivity analysis and able to read blueprints.
- The candidate must understand the local construction market, labor productivity, and have the ability to research unit pricing.
- Five (5) years of experience in general construction estimating, or a comparable combination of education & experience.
- Able to use estimating software
- Must have a proven take off skills.
Education: Associate degree in engineering/architectural and/or construction related field from an accredited college or university.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.