BRAVO is seeking a Finance and Accounting Manager with at least 7-10 years’ experience working in the Design (Architecture & Engineering) and Construction Management field, in particular, Local, State and City Government clients. This position is reporting to the Compliance Manager to provide leadership and oversight to our Accounting Team. The candidate we are seeking must be a strong leader, have strong organization skills, be an excellent communicator, detail oriented, and a problem solver. The candidate will be responsible for overseeing all Project Accounting functions including all Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Financial Controls and Financial Compliance.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and management to Finance and Accounting Departments, including Accounts Receivable, and Accounts Payable
- Monitoring and ensuring that all WIP, AR and collections are maintained within predetermined goals established by management
- Monitoring project revenue recognition including Over CV budgets for accuracy
- Assist with monthly closings for all Companies, including variance analysis and revenue recognition
- Oversight of the overall financial health of projects, including shutting down jobs if they reach their budget, and including auditing of budgets for proper documentation including contracts, change orders, etc.
- Collaborate with Project Managers concerning project milestones, estimates to complete for each phase, and invoicing
- Hold weekly Project Finance Review meetings with Finance, Operations and Project Management
- MBA in Finance (preferred) or minimum Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum of 7 years experience in a finance or accounting position.
- Strong analytical skills and Microsoft excel skills required.
- Experience in the AEC industry preferred.
- Experience with BST Global preferred or similar industry software
- Strong communication skills, proactive self-starter, ability to work closely with and articulately communicate with clients, Project Managers