Bradford Construction Corp., a company of BRAVO Group currently has an immediate opening for an Electrical Inspector in support of a significant construction project in NYC.
Inspectors performing inspection services report to a Resident Engineer or another site management individual. This position monitors and observes contractor’s daily activities and documents all activities observed as designated by the Resident Engineer. This role assures that the scope of work is followed as per the client’s contract documents and approved contractor provided drawings and documents.
- Coordinate contractors work forces.
- Maintain safety on site.
- Possessing skills and experience to supervise the performance of all electrical construction activities including, but not limited to, high and low-voltage systems, control wiring and circuitry, Tel-Data, fiber-optics, CCTV installations and operations, ConEd service, feeders, risers, back-up generators, transfer switches and switch banks, transformers, and Fire Alarm systems.
- Managing and coordinating inspection staff, contractor's trades from inception to close-out on large and complex projects.
- Reviewing contractor work in place to ensure compliance with plans and specifications.
- Coordinating Special Inspections, daily progress inspections, electrical testing services, and NYFD Fire Alarm inspections.
- Updating Testing Logs as needed.
- Assessing the progress of work and reviewing contractor's monthly payment requisitions.
- Monitoring contractors required compliance with Safety Plan, Asbestos Work Plan and Quality Control Plan.
Perform other related tasks.
- Bachelors' degree in Engineering/Architecture and/or Construction related field (Preferred)
- Minimum 5 years experience