BRAVO Group currently has an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Senior Electrical Engineer. The ideal candidate for this position would have a minimum of 7-10 years' experience in electrical and fire alarm system design in vertical buildings with a strong focus in the educational sector. This person would work collaboratively with our existing closely knit team of dedicated/hard working engineers and architects out of our Manhattan office.
This individual will be responsible for some or all of the following on a typical project; assessing the existing condition, preparing a scope report to record their findings and technical recommendations, preparing detailed calculations to validate their recommendations, develop detailed construction documents, and the preparation of project specific specifications for various types of projects. The candidate will need to be a team player and able to work with/mentor our junior engineers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited program
- Minimum of (7) years' experience working in a consulting engineering firm for various projects, with a strong background in the educational sector
- Experience designing NYC SCA projects (preferred)
- Strong knowledge of the various New York City codes and SCA design guidelines and procedures
- Able to think critically and assess each project independently with only high-level guidance from management
- Able to mentor and provide on the job training to young up and coming engineers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of New York (preferred)
- LEED accreditation (preferred)
- Latest AutoCAD experience required, with REVIT experience a plus
- Project management experience (preferred)
- Capable of using standard Microsoft Office software such as Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.