BRAVO is the partnering of Velocity Architecture & Engineering Group, Bradford Construction Corp. of New York (WBE), Chu Engineering (MBE), and Shahrish Shuvo Engineering (MBE). The cooperative brings together some of the industry’s most distinguished leaders and technical experts, united by their decades of experience modernizing vital infrastructure and iconic facilities throughout the New York metropolitan area. BRAVO delivers value to its clients by offering the full-breadth of architectural, engineering, and construction management services through an efficient organization that is structured to promote attentive client service, responsive project delivery, and quality. Through our offices in New York City and Newark, NJ, BRAVO’s team of companies serve public and private clients covering a wide-range of markets, including education, government, transportation, healthcare, industrial, power, and water.
At BRAVO, you will find a wealth of opportunities to create the career you’ve always imagined. We support, encourage, and empower our people by providing an environment where everyone has an opportunity to succeed. BRAVO brings amazing people together to make amazing things happen. We’re a diverse collective of thinkers and doers, committed to remaining client-focused, agile, responsive, and accountable to our valued clients and the communities we serve.
BRAVO offers excellent benefits including:
- ACCIDENT INSURANCE
- COMMUTER BENEFITS
- COMPETITIVE SALARY
- EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
- LIFE INSURANCE
- MEDICAL, DENTAL AND VISION INSURANCE
- REIMBURSEMENT OF PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND LICENSES
- SHORT TERM DISABILITY
LOCATION: 42 W 39th Street, 7th and 10th Floor, New York, NY 10018
Job Type: Full Time Onsite Monday-Friday (8:30AM-5:15PM)
Job Description: Bradford Construction Corp., a company of BRAVO Group currently has an immediate opening for a Construction Inspector in support of a significant construction project in NYC. Inspectors performing inspection services report directly to the Project Manager. This position monitors and observes contractor’s daily activities, site safety environment and documents all activities observed as designated by the Resident Engineer. This role assures that the scope of work is followed as per the client’s contract documents.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- The capability to read contract documents and drawings.
- Coordinate contractors work forces.
- Maintain safety on site.
- Prepare daily inspection reports and coordinate with the Project Manager and owner’s requirements.
- Prepare Daily Inspector Reports (IDR), Non-Conformance Reports (NCR), daily Time and Material Reports (T&M), special reports as directed and other reports as directed and in conformance by the Resident Engineer.
- Continually monitor and observe contractor’s operations and activities as designated and documenting as prescribed by the job specific manual.
- Advise the Project Manager of any potential issues before they arise.
- Participate in problem solving.
- Attend meetings as requested.
- Ability to work nights/or weekend shift work as well as report early or stay late after normal work hours as needed.
- Knowledge of the related DOB/OSHA codes, standards, and regulations.
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral.
- Perform other related tasks.
Minimum 5 years’ experience
Education: Bachelors' degree in Engineering/Architecture and/or Construction related field (Preferred)
Salary Range: $80,000-$100,000
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.