Construction Administrator is responsible for the Architectural management of multiple projects during the construction phase including site visits, submittal reviews, RFI responses, payment application reviews, contractor change order reviews, construction change directives, substitutions, time delays and closeout. The Construction Administrator will be the key contact between the client, contractor, consultants, and A&E teams during this phase. Must have a self-starter attitude with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, proactive, with results-oriented focus, attention to detail and willing and capable to assume additional responsibilities. Ensure that project documents are routed, reviewed, approved, controlled, and implemented in accordance with established procedures. Interfaces with various department within the company to ensure documentation accuracy. Coordination for all phases of construction projects, including coordinating with GC. The successful candidate will undertake the following duties and more as instructed by the Department Manager.
- Review submittals (i.e., shop drawings and product data) to determine conformance with project contract documents, design intent as well project standards. Will also be responsible for responding to contractor RFIs, and any issues that arise on the jobsite.
- Communicate with A/E project team regarding Submittals, RFI’s, Shop Drawings, Bulletins and Inspection reports.
- Manage project submittals/RFI’s and maintain records and daily logs.
- Assist and manage weekly or bi-weekly progress meetings and distribute meeting minutes. Site meetings include scheduling, cost management, pre-installation.
- Performs periodic site visits, observations and inspections and prepares field reports.
- Resolve issues with inspectors and other authorities having jurisdiction while maintaining current knowledge of applicable codes. Review and interpret construction documents, develop, and issue sketches related to field conditions and issues, coordinate the work with consultants and the A/E project team.
- Knowledgeable of inspection requirements and guidelines for construction.
- Process project documents and maintain document control files in accordance with project document control procedures, in both electronic and hard copy distribution and filing.
- Assist in cost estimates for change orders and bulletins.
- Ability to deliver great customer experiences in a very active environment and to be invigorated by constant personal interaction, to maintain existing client relationships.
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents is a must.
- Professional degree in Architecture or related field. Minimum 5 years.
- Advance knowledge of construction contract administration, with experience in drafting, reviewing, and negotiating engineering, architecture, construction, or other technical services agreements.
- Possess OSHA card 10H or 30H. Knowledge of OSHA construction workplace regulations.
- Experience in the construction industry is highly desirable, with an understanding of the construction process. Ability to understand and enforce (at a working level) project requirements expressed in the contract documents.
- Experience with architectural software such as Revit, AutoCAD, and PDF-editing software preferred.
- Strong computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Previous experience managing a Document Control effort for a large-scale construction project.
- Proven accuracy, reliability, and completeness in job accomplishment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, analyze situations, identify problems, and recommend solutions.
- Communicates well, is willing to learn and take direction from senior management.
- Understanding of DOB applications and filing.
- Exceptionally organized with the ability to be proactive and work independently, with a demonstrated ability to improvise, improve procedures, and meet demanding deadlines.