BRAVO is the partnering of Velocity Architecture & Engineering Group, Bradford Construction Corp. of New York (WBE), Chu Engineering (MBE), and Shahrish Shuvo Engineering (MBE). The cooperative brings together some of the industry’s most distinguished leaders and technical experts, united by their decades of experience modernizing vital infrastructure and iconic facilities throughout the New York metropolitan area. BRAVO delivers value to its clients by offering the full-breadth of architectural, engineering, and construction management services through an efficient organization that is structured to promote attentive client service, responsive project delivery, and quality. Through our offices in New York City and Newark, NJ, BRAVO’s team of companies serve public and private clients covering a wide-range of markets, including education, government, transportation, healthcare, industrial, power, and water.
At BRAVO, you will find a wealth of opportunities to create the career you’ve always imagined. We support, encourage, and empower our people by providing an environment where everyone has an opportunity to succeed. BRAVO brings amazing people together to make amazing things happen. We’re a diverse collective of thinkers and doers, committed to remaining client-focused, agile, responsive, and accountable to our valued clients and the communities we serve.
BRAVO offers excellent benefits including:
- ACCIDENT INSURANCE
- COMMUTER BENEFITS
- COMPETITIVE SALARY
- EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
- LIFE INSURANCE
- MEDICAL, DENTAL AND VISION INSURANCE
- REIMBURSEMENT OF PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND LICENSES
- SHORT TERM DISABILITY
LOCATION: 42 W 39th Street, 7th and 10th Floor, New York, NY 10018
Job Type: Full Time Onsite Monday-Friday (8:30AM-5:15PM)
Job Description: Construction Administrator is responsible for the Architectural management of multiple projects during the construction phase including site visits, submittal reviews, RFI responses, payment application reviews, contractor change order reviews, construction change directives, substitutions, time delays and closeout. The Construction Administrator will be the key contact between the client, contractor, consultants, and A&E teams during this phase. Must have a self-starter attitude with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, proactive, with results-oriented focus, attention to detail and willing and capable to assume additional responsibilities. Ensure that project documents are routed, reviewed, approved, controlled, and implemented in accordance with established procedures. Interfaces with various department within the company to ensure documentation accuracy. Coordination for all phases of construction projects, including coordinating with GC. The successful candidate will undertake the following duties and more as instructed by the Department Manager.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Review submittals (i.e., shop drawings and product data) to determine conformance with project contract documents, design intent as well project standards. Will also be responsible for responding to contractor RFIs, and any issues that arise on the jobsite.
- Communicate with A/E project team regarding Submittals, RFI’s, Shop Drawings, Bulletins and Inspection reports.
- Manage project submittals/RFI’s and maintain records and daily logs.
- Assist and manage weekly or bi-weekly progress meetings and distribute meeting minutes. Site meetings include scheduling, cost management, pre-installation.
- Performs periodic site visits, observations and inspections and prepares field reports.
- Resolve issues with inspectors and other authorities having jurisdiction while maintaining current knowledge of applicable codes. Review and interpret construction documents, develop, and issue sketches related to field conditions and issues, coordinate the work with consultants and the A/E project team.
- Knowledgeable of inspection requirements and guidelines for construction.
- Process project documents and maintain document control files in accordance with project document control procedures, in both electronic and hard copy distribution and filing.
- Assist in cost estimates for change orders and bulletins.
- Ability to deliver great customer experiences in a very active environment and to be invigorated by constant personal interaction, to maintain existing client relationships.
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents is a must.
- Professional degree in Architecture or related field. Minimum 5 years.
- Advance knowledge of construction contract administration, with experience in drafting, reviewing, and negotiating engineering, architecture, construction, or other technical services agreements.
- Possess OSHA card 10H or 30H. Knowledge of OSHA construction workplace regulations.
- Experience in the construction industry is highly desirable, with an understanding of the construction process. Ability to understand and enforce (at a working level) project requirements expressed in the contract documents.
- Experience with architectural software such as Revit, AutoCAD, and PDF-editing software preferred.
- Strong computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Previous experience managing a Document Control effort for a large-scale construction project.
- Proven accuracy, reliability, and completeness in job accomplishment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, analyze situations, identify problems, and recommend solutions.
- Communicates well, is willing to learn and take direction from senior management.
- Understanding of DOB applications and filing.
- Exceptionally organized with the ability to be proactive and work independently, with a demonstrated ability to improvise, improve procedures, and meet demanding deadlines.
Education: Professional degree in Architecture or related field. Minimum 5 years.
Salary Range: $70,000-$80,000
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.