BRAVO is the partnering of Velocity Architecture & Engineering Group, Bradford Construction Corp. of New York (WBE), Chu Engineering (MBE), and Shahrish Shuvo Engineering (MBE). The cooperative brings together some of the industry’s most distinguished leaders and technical experts, united by their decades of experience modernizing vital infrastructure and iconic facilities throughout the New York metropolitan area. BRAVO delivers value to its clients by offering the full-breadth of architectural, engineering, and construction management services through an efficient organization that is structured to promote attentive client service, responsive project delivery, and quality. Through our offices in New York City and Newark, NJ, BRAVO’s team of companies serve public and private clients covering a wide-range of markets, including education, government, transportation, healthcare, industrial, power, and water.
At BRAVO, you will find a wealth of opportunities to create the career you’ve always imagined. We support, encourage, and empower our people by providing an environment where everyone has an opportunity to succeed. BRAVO brings amazing people together to make amazing things happen. We’re a diverse collective of thinkers and doers, committed to remaining client-focused, agile, responsive, and accountable to our valued clients and the communities we serve.
BRAVO offers excellent benefits including:
- ACCIDENT INSURANCE
- COMMUTER BENEFITS
- COMPETITIVE SALARY
- EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
- LIFE INSURANCE
- MEDICAL, DENTAL AND VISION INSURANCE
- REIMBURSEMENT OF PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND LICENSES
- SHORT TERM DISABILITY
TITLE: Analyst, MW/DBE & SDVOB Contract Compliance
LOCATION: 2 Broadway, New York, NY 10004
Job Type: Full Time Onsite Monday-Friday (9am to 5:30pm)
Job Description: This position is responsible for the analysis, review, related follow-up, and coordination of MW/DBE & SDVOB participation during the pre-award, post-award, and closeout processing activities. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited, the on-going assessment and reporting of MW/DBE & SDVOB participation on MTA’s federal and state funded contracts; ensuring MW/DBE & SDVOB information is accurately and timely entered into contract management database; updating and maintaining related Contract Compliance electronic files, conducting related research, collecting and analyzing data; reviewing and providing recommendations for departmental processes and procedures including workflow efficiency; enhancing and providing administrative support for payment verifications and reporting as requested; and detailed review of contact records related to MW/DBE & SDVOB Contract Compliance, which includes site visits, participation in contract meetings, research, and report generation.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Review all agency requisition/requirements for goods, services, and capital related contracts to establish MW/DBE & SDVOB participation goals.
- Responsible for identifying MW/DBE’s & SDVOB’s capable of providing goods and services to establish MW/DBE & SDVOB participation goals.
- Review and maintain contract files to ensure that utilization goals or waivers have been established and awarded.
- Prepare contracts for closeout by obtaining payment verifications from subcontractors and Notice of Final Payments from MTA Agencies.
- Ensure database information is accurate and current.
- Conduct related research, and collect and analyze data for reports, as requested.
- Review and make recommendations for MW/DBE & SDVOB compliance department operational processes and recommended workflow efficiency enhancements, as necessary.
- Provide administrative support and reporting. Assist in gathering information for reports, including doing analysis on a timely basis for management review on various contracts.
- Ensure the availability and organization of contract compliance files for requested reviews.
- Conduct site visits to review subcontractor’s invoices, work samples and related records to verify that proper procedures and policy of the MTA are being followed regarding MTA’s MW/DBE & SDVOB programs.
- Works through the Senior Director – Audits, Investigations & Contract Compliance to communicate with agency audit groups, MTA Audit Services, MTA Office of the Inspector General, and other regulatory agencies on various projects and keeps open lines of communication to be sure that duplication of effort is avoided and issues that they may wish to review are brought to their attention.
- Keeps up to date on appropriate Federal and State regulations.
- Maintains an effective business relationship and communication with the Procurement Departments, Capital Program Management and other MTA departments and meets with them as required.
- Monitor input of the Primes Contractors monthly payment reports within the contract compliance system and conducts follow-up for any late submissions.
- Monitor and evaluate contracts to ensure commitment and compliance in meeting MW/DBE & SDVOB goals in accordance with MTA policy and applicable federal and state regulations.
Performs other duties and assists as necessary in all requested business projects necessary for the smooth and effective operation of the department.
- Knowledge of Federal and State laws and regulations governing programs.
- Knowledge and understanding of research techniques, including data collection, data analysis, issues identification and problem resolution.
- Must be able to effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be willing and able to travel throughout the MTA service area as required.
- Must be effective in doing research of contractors and record checking under circumstances where full contractor cooperation may be difficult or lacking.
- Prior experience monitoring and reviewing construction scopes of work and cost estimating of the various trades preferred.
- Knowledge of MTA’s MW/DBE & SDVOB program and objectives preferred.
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) plus a minimum of 2 years of professional level experience in Compliance, Audit, Procurement or Contract work, or a minimum of 6 years of professional work in business.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.