BRAVO is the partnering of Velocity Architecture & Engineering Group, Bradford Construction Corp. of New York (WBE) & Chu Engineering (MBE). The cooperative brings together some of the industry’s most distinguished leaders and technical experts, united by their decades of experience modernizing vital infrastructure and iconic facilities throughout the New York metropolitan area. BRAVO delivers value to its clients by offering the full-breadth of architectural, engineering, and construction management services through an efficient organization that is structured to promote attentive client service, responsive project delivery, and quality. Through our offices in New York City and Newark, NJ, BRAVO’s team of companies serve public and private clients covering a wide-range of markets, including education, government, transportation, healthcare, industrial, power, and water.
At BRAVO, you will find a wealth of opportunities to create the career you’ve always imagined. We support, encourage, and empower our people by providing an environment where everyone has an opportunity to succeed. BRAVO brings amazing people together to make amazing things happen. We’re a diverse collective of thinkers and doers, committed to remaining client-focused, agile, responsive, and accountable to our valued clients and the communities we serve.
BRAVO offers excellent benefits including:
- ACCIDENT INSURANCE
- COMMUTER BENEFITS
- COMPETITIVE SALARY
- EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
- LIFE INSURANCE
- MEDICAL, DENTAL AND VISION INSURANCE
- REIMBURSEMENT OF PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND LICENSES
- SHORT TERM DISABILITY
LOCATION: 42 W 39th Street, 7th and 10th Floor, New York, NY 10018
Job Type: Full Time
Job Description: Bravo Group is seeking an experienced Mid-Level Mechanical Engineer to work on a wide variety of projects in the Commercial Buildings and Education sectors.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate experienced judgment in anticipating and solving both routine and unusual operational challenges, identifying operational objectives and requirements, coordinating programs and projects, and developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities.
- Candidate is expected to aid in interpreting, coordinating, and implementing technical assignments
- Capable of communicating effectively with other departments within the organization and with clients.
- Capable of working independently on technical matters pertaining to the field
- Assist in the managing of complex projects that are primarily in the mechanical discipline
- Aid in the preparation of proposals in concert with management
- Work collaboratively with other managers and employees to achieve the firm’s goals
- Coordinate the department to ensure all deliverables meet the overall project team requirements for project scope, schedule, and budget.
- Stay current on the latest codes and technologies associated with the mechanical discipline
- Collaborate with MEP department to ensure compliance with standards, established design practices, applicable codes, and achieving technical excellency.
- 5-7 years of mechanical engineering experience within a consulting or design-build firm
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Revit and AutoCAD based design projects
- Creative thinker with effective teamwork skills
- Competent in all conventional aspects of mechanical engineering and conducts work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation and modification of standard mechanical engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.